Field Notes Pitch Black Memo - 3-Pack, Dot-Graph
Our classic 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" Pitch Black memo books are still available in 3-Packs with the original Dot-Graph 60# Finch Opaque body paper, but there’s also a Ruled version now. Both versions are bound with glossy black staples and sturdy 118# covers featuring new, Field Notes-exclusive black/kraft duplex paper from French Paper Co. (see film below). The family also features a new Pitch Black logo discreetly printed on the back.
01.Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
02. Cover: French Paper Co. custom-made 118#C “Pitch Black Duplex” (“Blacktop” and “Packing Brown Wrap”) with a brute force application of “Stephanite” (outside) and “Dachshund Nose Black” (inside) soy-based Saphira inks.
03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Light Mist Gray” soy-based Saphira ink.
04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color press.
05. Bound with gloss black staple wire on a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
06. Corners precisely rounded to 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
07. Dot-Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm). Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm).
08. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
10. All FIELD NOTES note books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.